I keep thinking how it would be fun to do something a little different! So today (tonight, rather) I decided that it would be cool to review some of my favorite products that I use on the daily! Now, I’m thinking the same thing you are thinking, “What the?? What makes Cortney the authority?!” Nothing. I’m just a normal girl wanting to help other beautiful ladies out there feel their best. I think we all know of times that putting on some great mascara made your day a million times better, or the time that hairspray saved your wedding hair! So, here are my favs, take it or leave it. Really though, cute readers, I hope you’ll come back! 🙂
1. My sister and mom love this mascara, and I have to admit it always does it’s job well and isn’t super expensive. Make sure you wipe the brush a little before you put it on though! (L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Dramatic Volume Building Mascara, $8.49)
2. Anyone who is close with me knows that it is always, always about the eyelashes. Everything else can be perfect, but if my eyelashes aren’t up to par, I won’t be happy with my makeup. This mascara was my wedding mascara and was super amazing. I always thought my mascara was on point while using Benefit They’re Real! Mascara. (Sephora link, $23.00) It’s a little more expensive than your usual drugstore haul, but totally worth the time I saved. It only takes about two coats!
3. Oh my goodness! This Dove Dry Shampoo is the best! I have tried it all, every kind from salon brands to Tresemme brand. The best part for me about this dry shampoo is that it doesn’t smell like A. Candy, B. Fruit, C. Terrible-ness. It smells clean, just like their shampoo. The next best part, is that it only gets better the longer you wait. I use it on the third day of not washing my hair (TMI? Sorry!) and BOOM! It’s like super volumized, which seems weird. Also, I really like that I don’t have to wipe off excess oil with a towel? Super weird. Anyway, I loooooveee this stuff!
4. CeraVe has been my friend ever since my dermatologist promised it would keep my skin hydrated without making me break out. It really is that good. (I use their face wash as well, but have learned that I need to switch face washes every 4 months for them to be more effective.) I put it on first, let it completely dry and follow with my favorite VS Makeup Primer that is no longer sold. 😦 (You can get this stuff pretty much at any drugstore, it’s a little more expensive but totally worth it. Plus, it’s good for dry elbows and under eye circles.)
5. Color Whisper lipcolors (from Maybelline) are my new favorite. My current favorites are Petal Rebel(shown above) and Cherry on Top. They are moist, but if you powder your lips before applying, you can have a matte finish. I love that. It also lasts and doesn’t transfer if you let it dry. (I gave CJ a big kiss after putting a dark one on… made a little mess!) It is also a better alternative to really expensive lipsticks if you use a lot like I do. (Prices vary, but usually $4-5)
6. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray– This stuff is really amazing. Awhile back my curly hair turned just beach wave on it’s own. This spray makes it so much better. I keep having people telling me how amazing my hair looks when I literally let my hair air dry, and then scrunch this stuff through it. I had heard about this stuff from some of my friends, but had to go on wild goose chases to find it. Finally did, and boy was it worth it! ($4.74 at WalMart)
7. Benefit Watts Up Highlighter – This stuff is so great. It looks as good on my cheek bones as it does on my brow bone. It is an easy way to have a dewy polished finish with literally drawing a stripe on your cheek bone then filling it in. CJ always walks in while I do this part and says, “Hey nice ward paint.” ($30.00 for regular size, but the smaller version is plenty and lasts for a long time. It’s cheaper.)
8. Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Mineral Correcting Powder– For someone who’s face is sometimes red, have reoccurring dark circles under my eyes, etc., this stuff really is a game changer. I love it so much, I don’t use any other kind of face makeup with it. It’s that good. I do use concealers still (when the pimples arrive), but I’m sure I would have to wear a lot more if I didn’t use this stuff. It really does even out the colors in my skin. Plus, I use the lightest part of the press powder to help contour a little. ($10-13, depending on where you go.)
9. I love this blush! Particularly this color. It is the perfect amount of shimmer, to give you a soft, glow-y feel instead of Toddlers and Tiaras glitter wars. This shade of pink-y peach also is really flattering on a little ginger girls face. ($30.00, better quality and last awhile!)
Phew! We got through that. I hope you enjoyed reading. I really wanted to change it up because I love hearing what brand of stuff my friends use. I hope it was helpful and pretty fun! It’s just really nice to know that you love the products you use. I think it takes a lot of us awhile to find some that we feel like are worth our commitment.
Again, thanks so much for reading.